More Dreamcast Goodness

I opened my mailbox today and saw a package I had been expecting. My new dreamcast VMU (memory card). For those that are not familiar, dreamcast memory cards have little screens on them where you can view certain items during gameplay. My girlfriend called it a Giga Pet. The only game I played so far was Soul Calibur, a fighting game, during the battle you can see a little 2D sprite of your character jumping around, and it also notifies you when the game is saving. Not that useful for that game, but for another game on the way, Shenmue, I think it will be more of a help. I'm not positive but I think you can view your health and other inventory items on the VMU during gameplay, we'll see.

On another note, I spent some time playing Super Paper Mario on the Wii tonight. It was the first Wii game I had bought that was not a party game (Wii Play, Wario Ware Smooth Moves). I bought it back when I first got the system. My girlfriend had already beaten it, and I was a good ways into it before I put it down for Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Metroid, Zack and Wiki, Medal of Honor, Resident Evil 4, Guitar Hero 3, and now Smash Brothers Brawl. After playing nothing but Smash bros for a while I decided to throw that back in, I was missing some 2D platforming. I love the way the game looks, it's almost like an updated HD version of a classic Mario game, only with RPG elements added in. Your health is your HP and each enemies HP decreases as you jump on them. There are certain Items you can use to attack with and certain powerups (pixels) you get along your journey. It's a very fun game especially if you like the classic Mario games. It's also pretty long, my girlfriend beat it in about 25 hours. I'm going to try and play some more Wii games in general, besides Brawl, I have a ton I still have to beat (1 more puzzle in Zack and Wiki, 1 more world in Metroid, 40 more stars in Mario Galaxy (to get to 120), a ton more missions in Medal of Honor), and I have been playing lots of PSP anyway and could use the Nintendo time.



Labels: , ,


About this entry